Wine tasting events with One Foot in the Grapes
General terms and conditions
- Jane Clare – of One Foot in the Grapes – has a personal licence under the terms of the Licensing Act 2003.
- We will always check that proposed event venues are licensed. If a Temporary Event Notice is required for an unlicensed venue (such as a private home or community venue) then One Foot in the Grapes will support the application. This is not a complicated process.
- The cost of a TEN (£21) may affect the overall event price. For an explanation of Temporary Event notices click here
- One Foot in the Grapes reserves the right to ask any person to leave an event if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable or disruptive to others, or it appears they are so drunk they should not consume any more alcohol.
- To book an event you must be over 18 years of age and all attendees must also be over the age of 18. If One Foot in the Grapes suspects a guest is under the age of 18 then proof of age will be requested.
Wine events: Prices and planning
- The cost per person at the majority of One Foot in the Grapes’ events will be on a sliding scale based on the number of attendees and the type of event.
- Other factors may affect the quoted price per person, such as mileage and if a Temporary Event Notice is required (see above). One Foot in the Grapes will always work positively with clients to agree a mutual fee to suit all scenarios.
- One Foot in the Grapes will visit the venue and the client prior to the event to sensecheck all requirements, access, room lay-out and so on.
- Once an event is booked, any difference in the numbers of guests should be communicated to One Foot in the Grapes no later than seven working days before the event.
- A revised fee can be agreed, but if numbers decrease, then the client should be aware that the price per head may increase. Numbers can only increase if the venue has the capacity.
- One Foot in the Grapes will provide and present the wines, unless otherwise agreed with the venue. Glasses can be provided if required.
Wine events: Payment
- Your booking is not secure until full payment is received.
- A 30% deposit of the total fee is required at the time of booking the event.
- One Foot in the Grapes will submit an invoice for full payment, which should be paid five working days before the event.
- Online payments will be accepted and bank details will be supplied on the invoice.
Wine events: Cancellations
- The 30% deposit is non-refundable if an event is cancelled within ten working days of the event.
- The deposit is refundable if the event is cancelled ahead of ten working days, but One Foot in the Grapes will retain the fee of the Temporary Event Notice (£21) if one has been applied for.
- The non-refundable deposit can carry forward to another date if the event is re-arranged within three months of the original cancelled event.
- One Foot in the Grapes reserves the right to cancel if full payment is not received by the date indicated on the invoice.
Your privacy and security
- If you share your email address with One Foot in the Grapes – either in person or in electronic communication – you will be asked if you are happy to be added to the One Foot mailing list. If you agree, you will receive regular newsletters from One Foot in the Grapes.
- Should you no longer wish to receive newsletters you will have the option to opt out within the email. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from the list.
- All personal details are kept strictly confidential and are not shared with any other third party.
One Foot in the Grapes has an insurance policy in place which covers liability for injury and Third Party Property damage arising from a loss or damage, where it can be proved we have been negligent.
Contact One Foot in the Grapes
- If you need to change any details about a wine tasting event, or you want to book an event, then ring Jane Clare on 0779 5 12 1003. Alternatively click here for other ways to contact One Foot in the Grapes.