WSET Level 1 Award in Wines – Virtual course via Zoom
This WSET Level 1 Award in Wines – Virtual course via Zoom is an interactive way to learn the basics of wine with One Foot in the Grapes.
The course is suitable for both wine enthusiasts and people in the hospitality industry wanting to enhance their skills.
Check the basket for our next available dates.
Week 1: Includes how and where grapes grow; making wine; types of wine; principal grape varieties (plus an experiment or two)
Week 2: Introduction to wine tasting; understanding the SAT; Storage and service of wine (plus an experiment or two)
Week 3: A hands-on pairing wine and food activity
Week 4: – Mock exam questions; catch-up / review; the exam explained
You’ll be able to ask questions and interact with fellow students; and hopefully have fun as you immerse yourself in the world of wine for the first time.
What will happen:
- In advance of the course, you’ll receive a Level 1 study guide and an “experiments” pack
- You don’t need to taste wine to study this course. However there are recommended styles of wine we will taste over the four weeks.
- You would source the wines, with guidance from OFITG
- You’ll buy the small food samples such as grapes, salt, lemon and sweet biscuits
- The multiple-choice exam will take place online on a date agreed in advance of the course.
- Here’s a short video explaining how online exams work.
- Classroom exams are only an option in Liverpool: – Ask for details before booking.
- You’ll need a good wi-fi connection and a desktop computer.
How much does it cost?
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines – Online Zoom course with an online exam is £165.
Do you need any qualifications?
There are no entry requirements. You must be 18 to take part in the winetasting. Our classes are delivered in English.
What to do next
Ask any questions before you make a booking – contact us here for more details
Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions before booking.