WSET Level 1 Award in Wines in Lancashire: A full day course at Crow Wood Hotel
If you’re a wine enthusiast, or starting out in the hospitality industry, this introduction to wine course (WSET Level 1 in wines) gives you the basics for your wine journey.
- You don’t need to know anything about wine to join this Level 1 Award in Wines course.
- This one-day course at the Crow Wood Hotel in Burnley begins with introductions at 9.15am, with the exam from 4.30pm
- Here is the full qualification specification
- Learn how wine is made; and how the characteristics of eight grape varieties vary across the world
- You’ll taste seven wines the WSET way; seeking out aromas, characteristics and structure
- Then you’ll compare those wines with food to see how the wine characteristics change
- The qualification can be gained by theory alone, and so can be studied without tasting wine
In the last session you’ll sit a 45 minute exam of 30 multiple-choice questions. To pass the Level 1 Award in Wines you need to achieve 70% or more. There will be a mock test beforehand to boost your confidence.
How to book? Click on the shopping basket, on this page, to see the next available dates
How much does it cost? This one-day course is £188. This can be paid in three instalments at checkout.
What’s included? The fee covers lunch, a study guide, wine and food samples, and the examination fee. It doesn’t cover resit exams.
The next dates:
2024 datees to come
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
Terms and conditions: Please check our terms and conditions before booking.
One Foot in the Grapes takes all reasonable steps to make courses available to everyone.
We will make reasonable adjustments to minimise the effects of a disability or difficulty which could impact on your enjoyment of the course. You must provide a copy of photo ID with date of birth for the enrolment to be confirmed.
Contact: Don’t hesitate to contact One Foot in the Grapes before committing to payment.
Crow Wood, the venue: The course fee includes sweets; bottled mineral water/ and cordial; unlimited tea and coffee; morning and afternoon comfort breaks with pastries and homemade cookies. There is free car parking and wifi.
Luxury Sandwich Lunch: This is included in the booking fee.