WSET Level 1 in Wines in Liverpool: Study in one day
If you’re a wine enthusiast, or starting out in the hospitality industry, this introduction to wine course (WSET Level 1 in wines) gives you the basics for your wine journey.
- You don’t need to know anything about wine to join this Level 1 Award in Wines course.
- This one-day course in a Liverpool venue begins with introductions at 9.15am, with the exam from 4.30pm
- Here is the full qualification specification
- Learn how wine is made; and how the characteristics of eight grape varieties vary across the world
- You’ll taste seven wines the WSET way; seeking out aromas, characteristics and structure
- Then you’ll compare those wines with food to see how the wine characteristics change
- The qualification can be gained by theory alone, and so can be studied without tasting wine
In the last session you’ll sit a 45 minute exam of 30 multiple-choice questions. To pass the Level 1 Award in Wines you need to achieve 70% or more.
How to book? Click on the shopping basket, on this page, to see the next available dates
How much does it cost? This one-day course is £180. This can be paid in three instalments at checkout.
What’s included? The fee covers a study guide, wine and food samples, and the examination fee. It doesn’t cover resit exams.
Where is the course? We work with venues in Liverpool.
The next dates are in City Wine Bar on Old Hall Street, Liverpool.
2024: April 8 and October 14
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
Terms and conditions: Please check our terms and conditions before booking.
One Foot in the Grapes takes all reasonable steps to make courses available to everyone.
We will make reasonable adjustments to minimise the effects of a disability or difficulty which could impact on your enjoyment of the course.
Contact: Don’t hesitate to contact One Foot in the Grapes before committing to payment.