Study the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines in the Global Classroom
- What is it: Join other students in the online WSET global classroom, to study the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines.
- What will you do: You will log on when you want to, at a pace and a time to suit you. The Level 2 Global course consists of five weeks of self-study. You’ll have access to the course material for a year.
- How does it work: You’ll be guided by an online tutor. Each of the six modules (see below) is designed to be interactive, so expect to post in forums, watch videos, complete quizzes and reflect on tasks.
- The study time: The study should take about six hours a week for five weeks to complete, plus any revision time.
- Wines: You should taste a minimum of 20 wines, as outlined within the course modules. You will need to buy these.
- Exam date: One Foot in the Grapes will agree the online exam date with you as soon as you book.
- The study fee: This course in the Global Classroom is £347 booked via One Foot in the Grapes, to the end of July 2024. WSET fees rise in August. Resit fees not included.
- Study guide: We will send you a study pack including text book, the Level 3 SAT, and a workbook
- How to book: Select a date within the shopping basket. There will be an option to pay in three instalments (if eligible).
- To complete the booking: One Foot in the Grapes will request a form of photo ID.
- Entry reqirements: You don’t need the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines to study this course. You must be over 18
How do you pass?
In the global course you sit an hour’s online exam of 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass mark is 55%. Paper exams only available in Liverpool.
The six modules of the Global online WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
Wine and the consumer: How to use the WSET’s Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®
– Key principals and processes involved in the storage and service of wine, and in the pairing of food and wine.
Factors affecting quality and style: Understand the environmental influences and grape-growing options in the vineyard and how these will impact the style and quality of wine.
– Understand how winemaking and bottle ageing
influence the style and quality of wine
Still white wine varieties: Understand how environmental influences, grape-growing options, winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wines made from the principal and regionally important white grape varieties.
Still red wine varieties: As Module 3, but red wines.
Sparkling and fortified wines: Understand how the production process can influence the styles of sparkling and fortified wines
Revision and feedback questionnaire: There is a mock multiple choice test to complete